Finding it difficult to hire the best tech talent?
Looking for developers with specific software and hardware expertise and your typical recruiting methods are coming up short?
Well-run hackathons are the ultimate job interview. Consider a hackathon and engage with your local tech community to uncover untapped talent (and build some cool stuff in the process).
Case study: Helping thyssenkrupp hire C# and Unity 3D developers
The Challenge: After announcing a partnership with Microsoft HoloLens, thyssenkrupp (a Fortune 500 and one of the first major companies to establish an innovation center at Tech Square in midtown Atlanta) was looking to hire C# and Unity 3D developers and build relationships with the Atlanta AR/MR development community.
Outcomes: We worked with thyssenkrupp to throw HoloHack. 100 Atlanta-based 150 engineers, developers, and designers came together in a 24 hour hackathon to build and demo smart city augmented and mixed reality (AR/MR) projects using the Microsoft HoloLens. At the end of the fun, thyssenkrupp had a stack of qualified candidates to interview that they got to meet and observe in action.
Best hackathon ever.
-Thomas Felis, Global Director, Thyssenkrupp
Our Hackathons get results.
Hackathons are not only a great way to attract new talent, but they’re also a great way to:
- Rapidly and cost-effectively develop new solutions that can be implemented after the event
- Engage internal employees
- Demonstrates your company’s openness to experimentation and collaborating with the tech community
Leave it to us
From soup to nuts (err… dessert), we plan and execute all aspects of the event planning and execution
- Event design and branding
- Promotion (both internal and external)
- Create and manage registration website
- All communication with participants – questions, reminder emails, cancellations
- On-site event facilitation
- White-glove logistics (venue, food, supplies, prizes, etc.)
- Photography and videography
- Post-event storytelling and feedback survey
- Coaching winning teams after the event to go from prototype to market launch
Get our Corporate Hackathon Quickstart Kit packed full of the tools and templates we use.