Can a hackathon produce real outcomes?
Absolutely. When designed correctly and run well, hackathons can be an effective way to develop solutions to specific business challenges within a limited timeline – and without breaking the bank.
Case study: Helping Coca-Cola solve a billion dollar problem
The Challenge: Out-of-Stock is the #1 strategic issue at Coca-Cola. This billion dollar a year problem has resisted traditional technology solutions – from sensors on coolers to mobile devices in the hands of consumers. None of Coca-Cola’s previous approaches achieved the scale or creation of high-quality data required to make a meaningful improvement in the system’s ability to predict, identify, and address out-of-stocks.
Outcomes: We worked with Coca-Cola to throw CoolerHack. 150 Atlanta engineers, developers and designers in the hardware, software, industrial and mechanical realm attended the two-day event and built 31 creative solutions. One of the 5 winning concepts is working with Coca-Cola’s cold drink equipment team today.
The energy in this place is already way beyond what we normally see. This is a wonderful opportunity to get some new fresh eyes on a problem we deal with every day at Coca-Cola.
Our Hackathons get results.
Hackathons are not only a great way to rapidly and cost-effectively develop new solutions that can be implemented after the event, but they’re also a great way to:
- Engage internal employees
- Attract new talent
- Demonstrates your company’s openness to experimentation and collaborating with the tech community
Leave it to us
From soup to nuts (err… dessert), we plan and execute all aspects of the event planning and execution
- Event design and branding
- Promotion (both internal and external)
- Create and manage registration website
- All communication with participants – questions, reminder emails, cancellations
- On-site event facilitation
- White-glove logistics (venue, food, supplies, prizes, etc.)
- Photography and videography
- Post-event storytelling and feedback survey
- Coaching winning teams after the event to go from prototype to market launch
Get our Corporate Hackathon Quickstart Kit packed full of the tools and templates we use.