Your Ideas Are Terrible plans and executes corporate hackathons and corporate + startup collaboration programs.
We believe that if you don’t approach every new idea with a high degree of humility – even to the extent of assuming your ideas are terrible – you lack the flexibility required to challenge your beliefs, examine evidence that might prove you wrong, and find the path from creating something mediocre to building something great.
- Built Innovation + Entrepreneurship as a capability at The Coca-Cola Company, training over 1,000 employees
- Created EIR programs at Coca-Cola to partner with entrepreneurs for transformational growth opportunities
- Managing Director of The Bridge: Atlanta, a startup + corporate commercialization program, accelerating application of startup technologies to enterprise core business challenges
- Board Member, Startup Atlanta
- Graduate of Flashpoint at Georgia Tech, a “Startup Engineering driven Startup Accelerator”
- Graduate of Singularity University’s Executive Program
- Studied Industrial Design at Georgia Tech
- Former COO and first employee of Startup Weekend. Built the operational infrastructure that took Startup Weekend from 50 to >200 annual events, personally organized and facilitated >100 events, wrote the first organizer and facilitator playbooks and trained over 100 facilitators around the world. Startup Weekend has since been acquired by Techstars.
- Founder of Startup Genome, a Kauffman-backed nonprofit that maps and measures geographic startup communities. Acquired in 2016.
- Implemented lean methodologies at two venture-backed startups – Dwolla and Kohort.
- Former Editor in Chief of Hypepotamus
- Former Program Manager for Georgia State University’s campus-wide incubator and entrepreneurship focused marketing efforts
- Researched and wrote for Venture Atlanta, The New York Code + Design Academy, and TedxPeachtree
- Served as an events reporter on NBC’s The Atlanta Tech Edge, and a cohost of The Incubator podcast
- Former Director of Marketing at TechSquare Labs – an incubator, seed fund and 25k sqft of coworking and corporate innovation space